In this episode I talk mostly about the three boxes across the middle. That’s the most important part!
We’ll cover the remaining layers in future episodes.
Why is it “secret?”
The components of the framework aren’t secret, but no one ever put them together in this simple framework before. There are other frameworks, but I don’t think they tell as good a story – or as useful a story – as this one.
Articles and podcast episodes mentioned in the episode
- My podcast episode about how starting from the problem helps with motivating your dev team. (And here’s the original blog post about motivating your dev team.)
- Finding market problems through customer discovery.
- My podcast episodes about product management must help Marketing and Sales with go-to-market.
- The concepts of problem, solution, and go-to-market will also help you make better business presentations.
- Prioritization episode and prioritization article.
- My “concordance” of product management articles organized with respect to the framework.
- My video (on the Mind The Product site) about the power of new mental models for product managers.
Download my new Customer Success Story cheatsheet and template! It’s a framework and template for capturing the information for great customer success stories – about how your solution addressed a big important problem they had, and how that resulted in their business and personal life being a lot better.
Support the podcast
If you like what I’m putting out, consider becoming a Patron of me and this podcast on Patreon. Early patrons are going to get some good stuff, like copies of my book, free membership in my non-free online courses, access to my paid public workshops, and maybe even t-shirts! (I’m still setting this stuff up.)
Your Feedback, Please
As always, I look forward to your comments and feedback on this episode.
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below, or drop me a line directly at email@example.com.