Leading impactful product teams
If you’re a product leader, then you probably have a few goals for yourself and your team:
- Having a big impact on the business.
- Increasing sales, revenue, and profits.
- Perhaps you aspire to be a gifted, charismatic leader.
But what if the team isn’t meeting the potential? It’s not having the impact you want and that you know it could have.
In this episode: how to make product management teams more impactful. This isn’t about being a better manager per se. It’s about managing PM teams specifically.
- I talk about the Minimum Viable Product Knowledge in several episodes, the most recent of which is episode 127, “A Repeatable Sales Process And Why You Don’t Have One.“
- Decisive, the fantastic book about better decision-making by Chip and Dan Heath, in which you can learn about pre-mortems and parades.
- I have several episodes about Clifton Strengths, such as Episode 75, “How To Be Better.”
- You can get the Clifton Strengthsfinder assessment by buying the book, which has a code, and using the code to take the online test. Highly worthwhile!
- For a lot more on managing people from a Clifton Strengths perspective, check out Lisa Cumming’s Lead Through Strengths podcast. Your first stop should be the episodes that align with your top five strengths.
- My podcast episode on building psychological safety in your team and a great interview I did with Mehmet Baha, an expert on psychological safety.
- I mentioned my V.A.L.U.A.B.L.E. rubric for better requirements – I have a whole episode about it, as well as a web page.
My product manager meetup
- If you’d like to get on the notification list for my free weekly product manager meetup, go to https://secretsofpm.com/meetup.