This episode is a blast from the past! I started the All The Responsibility, None of The Authority podcast back in November 2014. The main part of this episode was actually from way back then – November 2014. The topic is the product management system of record – and how to cobble one together with a wiki.
Because I changed podcast feeds (from The Secret Product Manager Handbook to All The Responsibility domain), this episode never appeared on the current feed. So you probably haven’t heard it.
I hope you enjoy this flashback from the wayback machine. I think you’ll find the ideas about the product management system of record as a concept hold up pretty well five years later, even if the way I suggest building one is slightly obsolete given that ProductBoard and some other applications are in the market now.
- The Wikipedia article about double-entry bookkeeping.
- My article about the product management system of record on Mike Smart’s Product Management 2.0 site: System of Record: Why You’re in the PM Stone Age Without One.
- The show page for the original episode.
- Another brief article about how a system of record will improve your cognitive effectiveness.
- Our interview with Hubert Palan – Part 1, Part 2 – featuring my erstwhile co-host Rob McGrorty.
- The Secret Product Manager Handbook, available in Kindle and paperback.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, or click the Recommend button in your podcast player of choice. Your recommendations help other product managers and innovators find the podcast, so it really helps me out and spreads the word. Of course, you can also share the podcast with your friends and colleagues directly!
I’d love to hear from you!
Please leave a comment below or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the podcast
You can support the podcast by donating on my Patreon page. There are several levels of support available – but any amount is amazing.