“Put yourself in your audience’s shoes.” You hear it all the time, but what does it mean and how do you do it. In this episode I talk about a fundamental skill and mindset about communication – the number one thing at which product managers must excel, as the hub of a communication network in any company.
Here are links to the various podcasts, articles, and books I mentioned during the episode.
- 10 Writing Tips for Product Managers
- Podcast episodes on getting out of the building to do customer discovery.
- Podcast episode on pre-handling objections, one of the most fundamental persuasion skills.
- Dan Pink’s awesome book about motivation, Drive (affiliate link to Amazon).
- Episode about my V.A.L.U.A.B.L.E. template for requirements and functional specs (and the related article).
- Start here for my series on persuasion for product managers
If you liked this episode, please subscribe on your podcast system of choice. If you use iTunes, I’d love to get a review, good or bad.
I have a Patreon if you really like the show and want to show your love with a donation!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:39 — 13.4MB)
Subscribe to The Secrets of Product Management on your favorite podcast service! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More