It’s the last episode of the year. Let’s look back a bit, and look forward a bit.
In this episode I talk about why retrospectives are so great, how to sell your organization on retrospectives, and how to do them. And then I do a retrospective on the last year of this podcast.
- My article on the benefits of retros – and how to sell them to your organization – To 10x Your Profits Start With Retrospectives
- Rob and I did a retrospective on the podcast in December 2016.
- The Pros of Debriefs from the Afterburner blog (because they couldn’t think of any cons).
- Also from the Afterburner blog, Debrief Meetings? Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That.
- Quick Take: What common practice has been found to increase team performance by 20%? blog post by Wendy Hirsch, linking to the meta-analysis of 46 studies on debriefs (also called after action reviews or lessons learned), Scott Tannenbaum and Christopher Cerasoli that I mentioned in the episode.
- Overdeliver by Brian Kurtz (the topic of next week’s podcast episode)
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, or click the Recommend button in your podcast player of choice. Your recommendations help other product managers and innovators find the podcast, so it really helps me out and spreads the word. Of course, you can also share the podcast with your friends and colleagues directly!
I’d love to hear from you!
Please leave a comment below or drop me an email at email@example.com.
Support the podcast
You can support the podcast by donating on my Patreon page. There are several levels of support available – but any amount is amazing.
And you can always buy my book, The Secret Product Manager Handbook, available in Kindle and paperback.