As you know, I’ve been doing a weekly video series on YouTube about various product management topics. I’ve found they make good podcasts as well. (Despite the fact that you can’t see the visuals in the podcast – a link to the original video is below!)
The topic for this episode is some practical guidance on how to “get out of the building”. We all know as product managers that we need to be out talking to our customers, to non-customers, to prospects, to lost prospects, to do market discovery. But the reality is that it’s a lot easier to say than to do.
This is not the first time I’ve covered this topic. I have a blog post and a few other bits of guidance, including a freebie download that gives you some good hints on how to ask good questions. And I also mention some very good articles by a great product management thinker and consultant, Teresa Torres.
- My YouTube video on “Getting Out Of The Building”
- The Secret Product Manager Handbook YouTube page
- My article about getting out of the building
- My article about how to ask better questions when doing market discovery (includes a link to sign up for the free download ebook on asking better questions)
- Teresa Torres’ great articles about customer discovery. Here’s one specifically filled with some great ideas for finding people to talk to.
Like, Comment, Share, Rate
If you liked this podcast episode, you can help others like yourself find it by rating and reviewing it in iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
And I encourage you to share it with your friends who can use tips on product management, marketing, innovation, sales, and persuasion – and who of us can’t get better at those things?