W. Edwards Deming, the father of statistical process control, a demi-god of industrial engineering in Japan and a critical thinker about business processes, came up with this rule:
“95% of variation in the performance of a system is caused by the system itself; only 5% is caused by the people.”W. Edwards Deming, Introduction to The Team Handbook
Engelbart and Nelson, the godparents of the World Wide Web
- Lebron James‘ career stats
- Michael Jordan‘s career stats
- Steph Curry‘s career stats – I wrote up a bunch of Curry-related information for the podcast but didn’t have time to include it.
Links and resources
- Would you like personalized advice and guidance on how to apply powerful mental models to become more effective? Or fix your systems to become even more effective than that? I’m happy to spend 1/2 hour with you on a Zoom call to talk about whatever challenge or problem you might be facing, with no obligation. Sign up for a free “office hours” session with me at https://alltheresponsibility.com/officehours.
- My book, The Secret Product Manager Handbook, is full of great information and tools for product management you won’t find anywhere else.
Hubert Palan interview
Support the podcast
If you like this podcast and want to support it, consider becoming a patron on my Patreon page.
But the easiest and fastest (and cheapest) way to support the podcast is to leave me a comment or question, or drop one into my Twitter mentions (I’m @nilsdavis), or just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Audio Player