In this episode, answers to a few questions I get often when I’m presenting or training product managers on storytelling.
A great story is about a problem worth solving, a difficult and challenging path to a solution that only you can navigate, followed by a meaningful transformation when the problem is solved.
Very simple to state. Not quite as simple to execute – but still pretty simple. Despite its simplicity, the opportunities for applying it are manifold – as are the questions that come up about using it.
Rebranding the podcast
This is the second episode of the rebranded podcast. I’m changing the name from All The Responsibility to “The Secrets of Product Management” so it’s a lot more obvious what it’s about to a casual browser. The new colors (and the name) also to align much better with the branding of my book, The Secret Product Manager Handbook, which I think can only be good.
Storytelling bootcamp – April 17 & 18, 2021
- Sign up for my April 17-18 2021 storytelling bootcamp where you can really get prepared, go deeper into storytelling, and polish a few of your own stories with my coaching.
Below are some links to previous podcast episodes about storytelling and a few other useful resources.
- How To Elicit, Structure, and Use Customer Success Stories
- More Proven Secrets For Brilliant Storytelling
- Reducing The Perception of Risk – The Art of Pre-handling Objections
- Introduction To The Value Inequality
- My YouTube video about how to make your business presentation 10x better in about an hour – there’s a lot in here about “grooming” your presentation.
- My Product Management Today webinar on storytelling for product managers
Don’t forget to subscribe!
If you want to help me out, and more importantly, help other product managers find and enjoy this podcast, please subscribe on your podcast system of choice. And consider giving me a review on iTunes or “starring” the episode on your player. It helps other people find the podcast, and makes me a little happier as well. I might even read your review in an upcoming episode.
If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this episode or the podcast, please leave a comment down below and I’ll get back to you immediately.