This episode of The Secrets of Product Management is about strengths and weaknesses, and especially how to use mental models and other tools to augment your weaknesses.
Rebranding the podcast
This is the first episode of the rebranded podcast. I’m changing the name from All The Responsibility to “The Secrets of Product Management” so it’s a lot more obvious what it’s about to a casual browser. The new colors (and the name) also to align much better with the branding of my book, The Secret Product Manager Handbook, which I think can only be good.
Some articles about mental models I find repeatedly useful:
- Gabriel Weinberg’s Mental Models I Find Repeatedly Useful
- Amplitude software’s article The 9 Mental Models You Need to Build Better Products
Some of my previous podcast episodes and articles on:
- Strengths: How To Be Better, Outsmarting Imposter Syndrome, Soft Skills For Product Managers
- Mental models and metaphors: Product Management Metaphors – Bad and Good, Mental Models for Product Managers (an article, not a podcast episode).
- Storytelling: Go-to-market For Yourself: Getting Your Next PM Job, How To Elicit, Structure, and Use Customer Success Stories
Storytelling masterclass and boot camp
- Please take my storytelling online course – it’s free (for now) and on demand. it might be the most valuable 37 minutes you’ll spend this year.
- Sign up for my April 17-18 2021 storytelling bootcamp where you can really get prepared, go deeper into storytelling, and polish a few of your own stories with my coaching. (it’s not free, but there is a discount if you sign up early!)
Don’t forget to subscribe!
If you want to help me out, and more importantly, help other product managers find and enjoy this podcast, please subscribe on your podcast system of choice. And consider giving me a review on iTunes or “starring” the episode on your player. It helps other people find the podcast, and makes me a little happier as well. I might even read your review in an upcoming episode.
If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this episode or the podcast, please leave a comment down below and I’ll get back to you immediately.