“The term data-driven product management was used before data was what is is today. It was about moving from your opinions to fact. It was not about moving to statistics and big data.”Noa Ganot
That’s Noa Ganot from our interview in this episode. In this episode she tells us about what being “data-driven” really should mean, plus how product leaders can be more effective. And why product leadership is so difficult even for experienced managers, and the differences with product management itself.
Noa Ganot is a product management coach, consultant, and trainer, focused on helping product leaders – VPs, CPOs, and Heads of Product – become more effective at leading their teams as well as handling the unique requirements of their executive position.
She has a 20-year career in high tech, including building and leading multiple product teams herself.
In this episode, Noa will share her insights, along with three things you can start doing today to level up your product leadership intuition and ambition.
- Noa Ganot’s site, and her blog (full of awesome articles!).
- Her bootcamp for product leaders, the CPO Bootcamp (mostly in Hebrew, as it’s only offered in Israel, in Hebrew).
- The Right Questions To Ask Your Customers, one of the many articles I loved from Noa’s blog in which she mentions overcoming the “fear of small numbers.”
- Foundations of Strategy by Robert Grant and Judith J. Jordan – a book that expanded Noa’s mind about how businesses could be run.
- The book How To Measure Anything, by Douglas W. Hubbard. I have recommended this book a few times before – it’s great!
Don’t forget to subscribe!
If you want to help me out, and more importantly, help other product managers find and enjoy this podcast, please subscribe on your podcast system of choice. And consider giving me a review on iTunes or “starring” the episode on your player. It helps other people find the podcast, and makes me a little happier as well. I might even read your review in an upcoming episode.
If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this episode or the podcast, please leave a comment down below and I’ll get back to you immediately.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:53 — 38.4MB)
Subscribe to The Secrets of Product Management on your favorite podcast service! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More