“How Can I Make A Name For Myself As A Junior Product Manager?”
This episode arose from a question I got in a recent Clubhouse session:
Q: How can I make a name for myself as a new junior product manager?
I have an earlier episode on this (#72 – “Proven Ways Deliver Value Fast In Your New PM Job Even If You Don’t Know Anything”), but I also have some new thoughts I want to put into this episode.
That episode was generic advice, applicable to anyone. In this episode I focus more on how to use your individual differentiators – including how to find your individual differentiators – as the basis for creating a name for yourself.
- Clifton Strengthsfinder site, including links to both the lower cost 5-Strengths product and the full 34 Strengths product.
- Lisa Cummings’ podcast Lead Through Strengths and her resource page that includes online trainings.
- A few more of my earlier podcast episodes: Product Managers are Unicorns, and my Imposter Syndrome episode which also talks about strengths.
My (currently free) “Tell Your Story” online training
- Go to https://alltheresponsibility.com/stories to sign up for my online course.
Support the podcast
- If you like this podcast and want to support it, consider becoming a patron on my Patreon page.
- Or, review and rate the podcast on iTunes.
- But the easiest and fastest (and cheapest) way to support the podcast is to leave me a comment or question, or drop one into my Twitter mentions (I’m @nilsdavis), or just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.