Carlos Gonzalez de Villaumbrosia solved his own problem with Product School
In our interview, Carlos Gonzalez de Villaumbrosia recounts what led him to create Product School back in 2014. It started as a one-many enterprise, and a first class of eight people. His goal? Helping others learn the product management skills and mindset he’d had to cobble together on his own.
Essentially, Product School was what he wished he’d had when he started in product management.
Since that first class of eight, the rise of Product School has been meteoric. Over 20,000 students have gone through its programs.
And at this point Product School is the global leader in product management training with a community of over one million product professionals. Product School instructors are real-world Product Leaders working at top companies including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon.
This interview was fun for me because Carlos, in addition to being a leader in product management thinking and a huge influencer on product management, is just a delight to talk with.
Links mentioned by Carlos
- The Product School website, where you can find hundreds of free resources, as well as information about your options for attending Product School, which is now 100% virtual. (You can attend from anywhere!)
- The brand new Future of Product Management Report from Product School.
- And his great book The Product Book – a great overview of product management.
- Carlos’ LinkedIn profile.
- An old episode from this podcast about how Rob McGrorty and I learned product management (we didn’t get to go to Product School, even though Rob taught there for a while!)
Support the podcast
- If you like this podcast and want to support it, consider becoming a patron on my Patreon page.
- Or, review and rate the podcast on iTunes.
- But the easiest and fastest (and cheapest) way to support the podcast is to leave me a comment or question, or drop one into my Twitter mentions (I’m @nilsdavis), or just send me an email at email@example.com.