PRDs are problematic
Among other things, PRDs have problems like this:
- “They go stale fast”
- “No one reads them”
- “They are about what and not why”
- At the beginning of a real product effort, you have very high uncertainty
- There’s lots of experimentation
- What you know changes constantly
- They often don’t talk about the customer, the market problem we’re solving, why that market problem is worth solving, etc.
PRD problems and potential solutions
In this episode, I start a series about PRDs and how we can make them better. To start with: What’s wrong with PRDs?
Support this podcast
- The easiest and best way to support the podcast is to leave me a comment or question, or drop one into my Twitter mentions (I’m @nilsdavis), or just send me an email at email@example.com.
- You can also rate and review the podcast on Apple iTunes – that really helps others find it.
- And you can just share the podcast directly with your product manager friends – they’ll probably really appreciate it!