You Can’t Test Quality In
In this episode, some thoughts about quality:
- Two different ways of thinking about quality and its flipside, waste
- Fit for purpose vs lack of defects
- Mura, Muda, and Mira – the 3Ms of Japanese industrial engineering – waste (mura), inconsistency (muda), and overburden (mira)
- Shigeo Shingo
- A very thin bio on Wikipedia
- The Sayings of Shigeo Shingo. This book may be out of print, so it’s not cheap! But you can rent the Kindle version, or maybe you can find it in a library.
- A list of short quotes from Shingo.
- Pokayoke: Improving Product Quality By Preventing Defects
Subscribe and comment
Please subscribe to The Secrets of Product Management on your podcast system of choice. And consider giving me a review on iTunes or “starring” the episode on your player. Subscriptions and ratings help other product managers and product people find the podcast, and makes me a little happier as well. I might even read your review in an upcoming episode.
If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this episode or the podcast, please leave a comment down below and I’ll get back to you immediately. I respond to every comment and question.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:22 — 22.7MB)
Subscribe to The Secrets of Product Management on your favorite podcast service! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More