Why do we care about getting better at product management?
There’s a mini-industry of people posting on LinkedIn, and writing Medium articles, and doing podcasts about improving your product management skills.
In this episode, I drill down into this question. It’s an interesting question, not least because no one else seems to be asking it.
- Atul Gawande’s TED Talk on getting coaching: long version, short version
- My podcast episode on product management and strategy
- Podcast episodes on How To Help Sales Beat Quota, The Business Value of Product Management, The Value Inequality (reducing the prospect’s perception of risk)
- “Our product management tools are pencils tied to rocks” (article)
- “5 way product managers can make more money” (article)
Three two things you can do today
- What does one more sale per rep per quarter mean for your company, in terms of revenue and profit? I believe this is one of the metrics, or at least mental models, we should be using to talk about product management effectiveness. How can you influence that number?
- If you are hiring a product manager, what is your plan for how the new product management will create $10 millon in incremental revenue in their second year?
- ??? (If I come up with something I’ll put it here…)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:14 — 19.5MB)
Subscribe to The Secrets of Product Management on your favorite podcast service! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More